Help Make Your System Safer
Some regular contactors meet the minimum requirements to make them suitable for safety circuits, these include the standard AF contactors from ABB. However the contactor itself will not meet PLe and requires additional removable contacts to be configured in a certain way for redundancy. If setup in the wrong way, or if altered at a later time by a different person, the safety integrity may not be valid. Therefore using a dedicated Safety contactor such as the AFS series give you the peace of mind ensuring every time the contactors meet the requirements you need, and cannot be altered.
Designed for machine safety applications, AFS Contactors come with factory mounted non-removable contact blocks (mechanically linked and mirror contacts) making them ideal for monitoring and controlling circuits. ABB’s complete range of safety components make protection systems easier to build.
- Complying with main safety standards EN ISO 13849 and EN 62061 guaranteeing the safe use of machinery and equipment
- Clear identification as safety circuits with yellow housing
- Contactors status guaranteed with factory mounted non-removable auxiliary contact blocks
- Simplify calculation of installation safety level with safety values available in FSDT and Sistema tools
- 3rd Party Certification
- Up to 400 kW - 400 V AC-3, 600 hp - 480 V and 1050 A - 690 V AC-1, 900 A - general use
- B10d values available for the entire range
- Fast opening times as low as 20 ms
- Mirror and mechanically linked contacts
- Low energy auxiliary contacts feature a minimum switching capacity 12 V, 3 mA
- Built-in surge suppression